Sunday, January 3, 2010

Another week in the books!

Hello again! Wow this week was a challenge both mentally and physically. The increased length of my workouts and the jump in intensity has sifted me in a new direction. I never really understood why marathoners were always so tired, but now that I am working in that direction I see why. I was given an amazing book for Christmas last year called The Marathoners Food Guide, by Nancy Clark. This book is geared for endurance athletes, and it helps from your basics does and do not to planning full meals for you. I recommend this book to anyone who is looking to stay healthy and injury free while training


One thing I have pulled out of training so far is that marathon training is not extremely hard, but it is a ton of work. I now see the benefits of really studying your body, and really listening to it as your fine tune it. My foam roller and stick to be my best friends while trying to recover from my high volumes of training. I always laugh when people look at me funny when I walk in somewhere and I have a stick poking through my backpack.

This coming week is going to be somewhat of a down week with only one hard workout being an 8 mile tempo run. I get to enjoy just going for runs this week while I recover from the last couple of high intensity weeks that beat me up pretty good. Race schedule update: There is a chance I will be running Ben's Ten this year, but I am not sure if it fits in my training. I am for sure running the surf city half marathon in February followed by the showdown in LA in March. Possible races this summer include the San Fransisco Marathon in July. After July the focus will be on building up for the the Santa Clarita Marathon in November!

I am working at the shop on Tuesday and Wednesday if anyone wants to come in and get fitted or talk training.

Forgive me for Rambling on!

Travis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home